I hail from Chennai, a tropical, bustling metropolitan city in southern India. My childhood fascination with flight grew into an interest for aerospace engineering during an exchange semester at École Centrale Paris. I completed my Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 2016 and completed my Master’s Degree in the Laboratory for Aviation and the Environment in 2018.
I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in LAE. My work focuses on understanding the pathways through which emissions from aircraft impact the environment and developing novel solutions to help achieve a zero-impact air transportation system. Specifically, I focus on the design and analysis of propulsion systems and aircraft using emissions control technologies to mitigate the environmental impacts of aviation. I leverage my expertise in aircraft and propulsion systems design along with LAE’s collective expertise in lifecycle analysis and environmental impact quantification to evaluate system-level solutions that are required to enable a zero-impact air transport system.
- Air-breathing propulsion
- Emissions control technology
- Multi-disciplinary aircraft optimization
- Global Chemistry Transport modeling
- Prashanth, P., Speth, R. L., Eastham, S. D., Sabnis, J. S., & Barrett, S. R. H. (2021). Post-combustion emissions control in aero-gas turbine engines. In Energy & Environmental Science (Vol. 14, Issue 2, pp. 916–930). Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). https://doi.org/10.1039/d0ee02362k
- Speth, R. L., Eastham, S. D., Fritz, T. M., Sanz-Morére, I., Agarwal, A., Prashanth, P., Allroggen, F., & Barrett, S. R. H. (2021). Global Environmental Impact of Supersonic Cruise Aircraft in the Stratosphere. http://www.sti.nasa.gov